Personal Career Assessment – 25 pts.
To demonstrate your ability to apply career development theory and assessment, you will complete personal career assessment. This paper will be designed to integrate what you know about who you are as related to the world of work. In this paper, you’ll apply two models of career development to your own life and integrate/interpret your career assessment results.
Required elements for the paper include:
· Examine your own vocational/career development (past and present). What were your earliest career aspirations that have informed your path (short section).
· What is the path leading to your current career aspirations (were their major turning points in your career; what were the moments of confusion along with the moments of joy and clarity related to career development; who or what helped you along the way; has anything hindered your progress; how did your cultural background (e.g., gender, ethnicity/race, sexual identity, socioeconomic status, parent education level, geographic location, physical abilities) affect your career development?
· Integrate and interpret career assessment results (at minimum Strong Interest Inventory).
· Based on the assessment results and your own personal career experiences, identify and apply two career theories related to your career development and goals. The report is designed for you to articulate your career development within a theoretical perspective using empirical data.
· The paper should end with recommendations for yourself that take into account where you hope to be in the future with your career development that are supported by what you learned from career assessments and career theory.