Title of Dissertation
A study on ……
Abstract (200-250 words)
– Purpose, Research Design, Findings, Practical implications, Limitations
An abstract is a short write-up that briefly and crisply conveys the essential information of the research work. It should highlight the need, objectives, methods, results, and conclusions of a research project. Although an abstract appears as the first section of a dissertation, it should be written last, that is writing the abstract should be done after completing all other sections, so as to summarize the essential information from those sections. The abstract should be concise and clear. Readers do not expect the abstract to have the same sentence structure flow of a paper. Rather, the abstract’s wording should be very direct.
1. Introduction – (2-3 pages)
Overall Scenario Macro to Micro, Statistics with source, Need / Rationale of the study, Purpose of the study, Explain – What , Why and How for the project selected, Research Gap identified, Research Question.
• Introduce the topic.
• Discuss various issues/problems.
• Write about the problems to address in research paper.
• Write about how important it is to address the problem being addressed in research paper.
• Write objectives of the study- Objectives should reflect the desired outcomes or deliverables of the project. The objective statement should be brief and focused as to what is to be done in the given project time span. It should be given in bullet points and could be a maximum of one or two objective statements.
• Write research questions
• Define Hypothesis (if any)
• Write about structure of the paper
• (There should be proper link between research gap, problem statement, objectives of the study, research questions, and Hypothesis)
2. Conceptual Model/framework
1. Theoretical background and Related work (2-3 pages)
A literature review is designed to identify related research theoretical background, to set the current research project within a conceptual and theoretical context. Show why the research needs to be carried out,
• How you came to choose certain methodologies or theories to work with,
• How the work adds to the research already carried out, etc.
• Sources to be accessed: It is from secondary (already published) sources of data like research/project reports, dissertations, theses, whitepaper, and Journal/Magazine articles, Case studies etc.
Note: No Wikipedia or Google references allowed
• This section should review all important literature related to topic of your research study
• Recent and seminal work in area of research topic must be included review of literature
• Identify gap on the basis of literature and put forth very clearly
• Hypotheses development
4. Research Design/Method
Research Design used to accomplish the objectives. It usually contains the write-up about the questionnaire development, scales used , data collection methods, selection of sample, statistical tools used etc. It encompasses the various processes, activities or tasks undertaken in the research.
5. Data Analysis- Proposed solution / Method / Work / Framework (about 3 pages)
This is main section of the paper. It should be original work and not published before in any conference or journal. In this section you should discuss proposed method/ technique/framework to address research problem in detail. Carry out data analysis, do hypothesis testing
6. Results and Discussion
This section should talk about results of data analysis and compare it with the existing literature and discuss how results of proposed method technique are better than the existing methods techniques.
7. Implications- Theoretical and Managerial
8. Limitations and future research directions
References ( should refer minimum 30-40 Papers)
Provide list of literature in APA style.
Plagiarism: Similarity index less than 10% allowed.
Note- Total word limit 6000 to 7000 excluding references, Abstract and keywords.