It has to be a ILLUSTRATED REPORT-2000 WORD.
About this Unit
You are required to write an illustrated report that includes the sections outlined in the assignment brief.
Before you begin, you are advised to review your study materials and make note of the relevant areas. You should then research the subject area more widely.
This unit is graded; you will therefore be awarded with a Pass, Merit or Distinction once you have successfully achieved all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria. Refer to the grid for the grade descriptors and indicators for Merit and Distinction.
Remember: this assignment has to be all your own work. Whilst properly referenced content is fine and encouraged, any work that is not wholly your own effort has to be acknowledged as such and correctly referenced using the Harvard format.
You are required to write an illustrated report demonstrating your understanding of the human endocrine and nervous systems. Your report must cover the sections outlined below.
Demonstrate your understanding of the anatomy, organisation and function of the nervous system by:
• Outlining the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and the autonomic nervous system.
• Explaining the role of the components of a spinal reflex arc.
• Explaining the propagation of a nerve impulse and synaptic transmission.
Demonstrate your understanding of how the endocrine system co-ordinates body functions by:
• Discussing how the major endocrine glands and the hormones they produce regulate body functions through their interaction with target tissues.
• Explaining how the activities of endocrine glands are regulated.
Discuss the role of the nervous and endocrine systems in temperature regulation, the flight or fight response and blood glucose regulation.
The report should be written using the recommended structure and format for an illustrated report as outlined in the unit 3 (Academic Writing Skills) study materials.
Conclusions and recommendations must stem from your findings and you must ensure that a references list and bibliography are included.
Relevant theory must be referenced where appropriate and you must provide a references list and bibliography.
Your report should also contain appropriate drawings and diagrams to support your commentary. If these are taken from published sources they must be referenced accordingly.
The report should be a maximum of 2,000 words in length.
This word limit is the absolute maximum you are permitted. If you are over the word limit for this assignment in any way you will receive your assignment back without further comment or feedback.
Hide Assessment Criteria
· AC 11.1: Outline the structure and function of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves and the autonomic nervous system
· AC 11.2: Explain the role of the components of a spinal reflex arc
· AC 11.3: Explain the propagation of a nerve impulse and synaptic transmission
· AC 21.1: Discuss how the major endocrine glands and the hormones they produce regulate body functions through their interaction with target tissues
· AC 21.2: Explain how the activities of endocrine glands are regulated
· AC 31.1: Discuss the role of the nervous and endocrine systems in temperature regulation, the flight-or-fight response and blood glucose regulation.