Please write an 8-10 pages’ long essay analyzing and discussing the following topics following the order of Tasks 1 to 6:
1. Task 1(5 points): Summarize the case. Length suggestion: 1 page.
2. Task 2 (15 points): Identify (list) the ethical issues that have arisen in this case. Please offer some details about each ethical issue (e.g. including what’s occurred, who’s affected, etc.). Length suggestion: 1 page.
3. Task 3 (20 points): Identify (list) all of the stakeholders of the company (i.e., Chimerix) in the case, and discuss each of their viewpoints (e.g., needs, desires, concerns, costs, benefits, power, etc.). Length suggestion: 1-2 pages.
4. Task 4 (20 points): Explain in detail which of the stakeholders should be involved and helpful to solve the ethical issues that have arisen in the case, and why, given their viewpoints. Length suggestion: 1-2 pages.
5. Task 5 (20 points): List all of the ethical theories and principles (i.e., 14 ethical principles under the part “Principles of ethical conduct” from Page 228 in Chapter 8 of the textbook) that are appropriate for solving the ethical issues in this case. Explain in detail why each principle is appropriate for solving the particular ethical issue. Length suggestion: 2 pages.
6. Task 6 (20 points): Using certain ethical theories and principles to recommend a plan of action for the company that will help the company (i.e., Chimerix) remain competitive and avoid such problems in the future. Explain the expected positive and negative consequences of the plan of action you recommend. Length suggestion: 2 pages.
You should not conduct outside research for the case analysis. In other words, you should pretend that you are facing exactly the same situation and information presented in the case.
5. Your answer should be specific to the six tasks specified above and follow the order to organize your analysis. Please keep in mind that those topics are actually interconnected. You need to integrate your answers into a report with smooth logic and internal consistency. You are suggested to use appropriate sub-titles to make your paper easier to follow.
6. The analysis must be professionally written. Don’t use bullet or lists. Write your answers in complete sentences. Please conduct spelling check, grammar check, and virus-check before submission.
7. Avoid laundry lists. Focus and organize your analysis. Look for frameworks from the readings or the textbook that help you organize and present your analysis.
8. Consider ‘turning the question’ into the beginning of your answer. That is, if the question is, “What are the key issues?” begin your answer with; “The key issues” (include or are). This may seem simplistic, but is a very effective way to help you focus your answer on the question(s) asked and to earn full credit. Don’t repeat the entire question in your answer.
9. You need to highlight the names of the ethical principles in your paper.
10. Please follow APA format for your writing (URL: APA Format website). Indicate any 3 references you cited in your report. The references list does NOT count for length requirement purpose.