Articulate a concise problem statement. Include appropriate published or relevant primary sources to document
the existence of a problem worthy of doctoral level research. Follow these steps:
1. Present the general issue grounded in the research literature that leads to the need for the study.
2. Identify the specific problem you wish to address. The documented problem may be a practical problem or
issue in the profession or study context without an acceptable solution.
3. In defining the problem, a clear discrepancy must be drawn between what exists currently and what isdesired. Although an applied study design does not necessarily require generalizability beyond the study site,
worthy problems must be relevant and documented beyond any particular study site.
4. To identify and articulate a problem, consider the potential negative consequences to the field or
stakeholders if the proposed research is never conducted.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other
appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 1 page
Your assignment is to create a purpose of the study by indicating the intent, goal, and rationale for researching
the problem addressed in last week’s assignment. The purpose statement should begin with “The purpose of
this (quantitative, qualitative, mixed) study is to…” Use the following list to create the purpose statement:
1. Study method
The method to be used in this qualitative study is interviewing.
2. Study design
4. Target population
Teachers are the target population.
5. Research setting
6. Sampling frame
7. Sampling method
8. Sample size (Justified by scholarly sources and a power analysis for quantitative studies)
A sample size of 15 teachers will be interviewed.
9. Data collection method (including instrumentation)
10. Data analysis method
11. Software to be used for analysis
12. Closing statement as to how the study results may inform educational practice
The results of this study may help teachers
Length: Approximately 1 page
Method and Design
Your summary must address the following:
1. Note a specific method, and then design your plan to use in your research.
2. Describe and substantiate the appropriateness of the method, and then design to respond to the stated
problem, purpose, and research questions.
3. Note how the proposed method and design accomplish the study goals, why the design is the optimum
choice for the proposed research, and how the method aligns with the purpose and research questions.
4. Provide appropriate foundational research method support for the proposed study design.
5. Explain the particular data gathering techniques and data analyses processes. Sample size of the study
population should be identified and must be appropriate and justified based on the nature of the study design.
Length: 2 pages