Part 1: Advоcacу Actіvity Proposal
Rеviеw thе policy advocacy ideas in PAC 1.5 on page 27 of the Jansson text.
Review Engaging Local Governments article
Review https://aaswsw.org/grand-challenges-initiative/about/ for more ideas about social issues/problems and what is happening in the profession right now.
1. Pick a policy or law that you think needs to be changed or created (this helps you identify the issue)
2. Identify the reasons why you think the law or policy needs to be changed or created (this helps you identify current barriers that would be eliminated with changes or creation)
3. What can you do to try and get this law or policy changed or created? (the answer to this question would identify your advocacy activities)
4. Who might you collaborate with to help you do this activity?
Write a 1-2 paragraph proposal that answers the following questions:
• What existing policy have you identified that has created barriers for individuals, groups, or communities? Briefly what are the barriers?
• What specific policy advocacy activities do you plan to engage in? Who might you collaborate with?