The project is to describe and analyze the supply chain management practices of IKEA.
Gather sufficient information to provide a good analysis of the IKEA supply chain in one of the
following areas, which is Logistics Management & SCM.
• The project should include a proper description of Logistics Management & SC as practiced
in the IKEA company, as well as a detailed analysis of the topic that involves evaluation of
positive and negative points of company practices.
• Use course book (Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management – 5th Edition) or any
other books related to SCM, electronic databases, company websites, social media, search
engines, interviews, and any other suitable sources to collect your data.
• PowerPoint slides (between 20-30 slides).
• The word limit of the project report is between 2500-3500 words (including the title page,
table of content, and reference list).
The project may follow the structure given below.
➢ Title page with project topic, company name.
➢ Table of contents
1. Company Background
➢ Background of IKEA (ownership, brief history, organizational structure, products, markets)
2. Description of the selected topic in the company
➢ Describe the topic as practiced in your selected company.
➢ Use charts, diagrams, and pictures in your description.
➢ Provide a critical analysis of the practice of the topics in your company with respect to the
theories and guidelines offered in the course or international standards.
➢ The analysis should include evaluation of both positive points and negative points of the topic as
practiced in the company.
4. Conclusion &Recommendation