Create an 8-10 slide PowerPoint presentation about the statistical results with recommendations to health system leadership and a 2-4 page executive summary that provides additional context to the results of data analysis.
The ability to translate analytic results into clear, concise, and actionable results is a vital skill for health care administrators. Because decision making is increasingly data-driven and evidence-based, managers are frequently required to formally present statistical results to leadership. Sometimes, decision makers differ as to how well they comprehend the information being delivered. Your job as a health care professional is to know how to distill and synthesize data analytics and present complex concepts in the pursuit of value, quality, and safety. You must be able to clearly communicate the results of your team’s data analysis that is both insightful and informative. How much your work is valued can depend heavily on how well the results of that analysis are articulated. Effectively communicating the results so the issues and recommendations are clear and explicit can greatly enhance the value of your analytic work.
For this assessment, you will evaluate the approach of an analytics team and interpret and present statistical results to support a health care recommendation.
Overview & Preparation
Complete the following simulation:
• Vila Health: Presenting Statistical Results for Decision Making. In this simulation, you will evaluate, interpret, and present statistical results to support a health care recommendation.
This assessment has two deliverables:
1. Prepare an 8–10 slide PowerPoint presentation about the statistical results with recommendations to health system leadership.
• Ensure the slides graphically communicate the findings.
• Ensure your presentation is relevant to and easily understood by everyone in the audience.
Be sure your written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message
Include an APA-formatted references slide at the end of the presentation.
o Use Kaltura or similar software to record your presentation. The presentation should last no more than 3 minutes, and it should contain audio of you speaking. You may use alternative programs or technology, provided you can still create a presentation with visuals and recorded audio.
Before you begin recording, create a script, speaker notes, or a detailed outline that you can refer to as you record. This professional best practice will help you prepare for your presentation and serve to clarify any insufficient or unclear audio in your recording.
2. Write a 2–4 page executive summary to accompany the PowerPoint presentation that provides additional context to the results of data analysis.
o Include APA-formatted in-text citations where appropriate.
Submit the recording of your presentation and the executive summary.
The numbered assessment instructions outlined below correspond to the grading criteria in the Presenting Statistical Results for Decision Making Scoring Guide, so be sure to address each point. You may also want to review the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
1. Evaluate the data collection, measurement, and analysis tools and techniques used in the data analysis.
2. Interpret statistical results used in the data analysis.
3. Present statistical results used in the data analysis to support a health care recommendation.
4. Recommend solution based on results of the data analysis.
5. Use media and technology to convey ideas and information.
6. Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.
Your executive summary should meet the following requirements:
• Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
• Length: 2–4 pages.
• Resources: Include sources where appropriate within the template, reference list last page.
• APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
• Font and font size: Times Roman, 10 point
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
• Competency 1: Plan for data collection, measurement, and analysis.
• Evaluate the data collection, measurement, and analysis tools and techniques used in the data analysis.
• Competency 3: Interpret results of data analysis for value-based health care decisions, policy, or practice.
• Interpret statistical results used in the data analysis.
• Competency 4: Present results of data analysis to support a decision or recommendation.
• Present statistical results used in the data analysis to support a health care recommendation.
• Recommend solution based on results of the data analysis.
• Use media and technology to convey ideas and information.
• Competency 5: Communicate audience-appropriate health management content in a logically structured and concise manner, writing clearly with correct use of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and APA style.
• Write clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, mechanics, and APA formatting.