Cumulative Project: State Assessment Project
1. Go to your state education agency website and find the previously released ELA standardized assessments
or practice tests provided for your grade level.
2. Examine the state standards that the test focuses on the most. What state standards are the most crucial to
teach and reinforce across the year in order for students to be successful on the state test? What does the test
require the students to be able to do in reading? Writing?
3. What will you need to do across the school year to prepare students for this test? What areas do you
foresee needing help from a more experienced colleague? What areas do you feel confident about?
4. How can you use the instructional methods explored in the course to prepare your students across the
5. How can you partner with your students’ families to impact student learning?