2. Put together a 1,000 word blog article focusing on ‘working in the sports/events industry’.
The blog should demonstrate critical analysis which is based upon a breadth of reading and research from academic and expert sources.
The blog should be communicated in third-person and can be structured as follows:
• – A short introduction to the sport industry’. Identify the sector. Sport students might want to refer to the sport organisation typology proposed by Taks and Misener (2015) ).
• – Main section to include insights gained from an employment/employability perspective, based upon research (e.g. academic literature, credible industry reports, credible expert online sources, can also cite ‘spoken sources’). Examine the types of roles that are suitable for sport/event management graduates and qualifications/skills/experience required.
• – Conclusion (e.g. advice/tips for UG sport/event management students which should be based upon findings from research).
• – All sources used should be cited correctly within the work, and a reference list should be provided, which follows the Harvard Referencing format.
References to be in Harvard style