Length (10 pages + upto 10% – 2750 to 3000 words excluding references)
Question: Identify a social and/or cultural issue pertinent to the education of young people (school years 7-12; aged 12-18) and create an article/essay, outlining the issue, its importance, its impact, and the analysis on how schools, teachers, parents and the society are adapting and responding to this issue.
This article should include:
1. an introduction that clearly defines the issue. The introduction must also include a rationale explaining the importance of the topic to schooling and to those working with young people
2. a synthesis/analysis of the literature and/or documents that are related to the issue.
3. clear structure. A number of specific questions may need to be addressed. Use headings and subheadings to provide clarity and structure to your assignment.
4. a clear purpose. This will be evidenced through the development of an argument. The construction of an argument involves personal analysis of the issue and the formation of a position. For example: Why do you feel this issue is important? Why is it relevant? Is there a theory that underpins the issue? What are the options for addressing the issue? Are there limitations? What option do you suggest? Is it practical? Could it be effective?
5. a clear conclusion summarizing the main points of your investigation
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Note 1: (Important) This article should be in the form of a hypothesis and an argument can be developed based on the hypothesis. Then the writer can discuss/argue, with support, for and against. Come out with a favoured option from the view of the writer that is better for the students.
Note 2: Use of modern information and communications technology including social media, modern electronic gadgets (and their use in schools) etc are suggested to be included in the research. Also include pedagogies and teachers’ technology support.
Suggested topic: “Wider society reacts to futuristic educational contexts and rapid incursion of digital cultures in schools.” (Note: Alternately, the title can be something like “Reflection & Reaction by present day’s school culture to development and adaptation of digital technology in the society” OR “Reflection & Reaction of Wider society to penetration of digital cultures in schools.”).
A good introduction (with at least one subheading for Rationale)
Literature review (with subheadings)
Find some specific questions that need to be addressed. These can be presented in subheadings. Now, develop a hypothesis. With these, develop an argument, based on analysis, from the point of view of the writer. Discuss with supporting evidence.
Other Headings (with sub headings)
Include about 25-35 references.
Note: Will upload some possible references soon.