Social Workers will advocate for clients and communities of concern. Students are expected to identify local, state, or national policies such as laws and legislation that impact problems or areas of concern. You must engage in policy practice to advance social and economic wellbeing. Besides, you need to ensure your inquiry’s broad scope to engage diversity and difference in practice. In this assignment, you will identify empirical research addressing social welfare policies and issues concerning your policy area of concern. Remember, we need to engage diversity and difference in practice and advance human rights and social, economic, and environmental justice – so think broadly.
1. You will identify a focus of inquiry from one specific policy area of healthcare, mental health, substance abuse, gerontology, safety net, child welfare, family advocacy, education, immigration, or criminal justice.
2. After you have identified a specific policy area, you will then identify a population of concern primarily impacted in Miami-Dade County.
3. You will then identify the primary and relevant laws and administrative policies that impact your area of inquiry. This includes federal, state, and local levels. Looked at these policies and laws from a global perspective.
4. You will provide detailed information on the population affected by these law(s) and discuss gaps in the law(s). You should consider the potential impact of this legislation on human rights, social and/or economic justice for the target population.
5. You are expected to provide TWO feasible policy changes that could be used to improve conditions for your chosen population.
6. You are required to use references and other supportive data related to these policies’ potential impact on your chosen population of concern.
7. Use APA Style 7th edition format.