SEXUALITY ACROSS THE LIFESPAN CASE STUDY
As you have been reading about Tad, Celia, and Frederick, you may have started thinking about the issues they face. Many of the major theories in psychology provide insight into the field of human sexuality and issues like these. Chapter 2 in your course text explains these connections. For example, learning theory can help us understand how a certain perfume or cologne can elicit sexual arousal through classical conditioning (Hyde & Delamater, 2020). In this first assignment, you will have a chance to practice and build your skills by digging into one of these theories and applying it to an issue in a case study.
Complete the following:
· Read the Sexuality Across the Lifespan Case Studies [PDF] and choose one of the case studies you would like to use for this assignment, if you have not already.
· Choose one issue found in the case study on which to focus this assignment.
· Select one theory from Chapter 2 in your course text from the following categories: evolutionary, psychological, critical, or learning theories. The theory you select can help explain the issue faced by the person depicted in the case.
· Review the How to Write a Research Question [PDF] document to learn how to write an appropriate, well-crafted research question for your assignment.
· Review the Sexuality Across the Lifespan Case Study Worksheet [DOCX], which you will use to complete this assignment.
Complete the following sections of the Sexuality Across the Lifespan Case Study Worksheet:
· Section 1: Describe the issue you chose to focus on from the case study. What is the population concerned? How does the issue affect that population?
· Section 2: Apply the theory you chose from the text to the issue faced by the person depicted in the case study. How does the theory shed light or help explain the issue?
· Section 3: Design a research question that could help us learn more about this issue. How could research help us to learn more about this issue?
· Section 4: Explain how the research question could be answered by identifying the type of methodology that can be used to answer the question (quantitative or qualitative). Note: You can use previous studies conducted (also featured in Chapter 3 in your course text) as a guide.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
· Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: References and citations should be formatted according to current Evidence and APA guidelines.
· Number of Resources: A minimum of two scholarly resources.
· Length: 2–3 double-spaced pages.
· Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
· Template: Use the Sexuality Across the Lifespan Case Study Worksheet [DOCX] to complete the assignment.