In your role as a Network Security Architect at B2B solutions, you are leading a team of several Network Administrators. B2B solutions is a medium sized organisation and is currently expanding its operations.
The company has acquired six sites across Melbourne to accommodate its various departments. You have been asked to design a secure network across six sites. You have to ensure that the flow of data across networks must be confidential and that web-based filtering is in place. Another requirement is to have role-based access control for each department. The network should also span six buildings with a router in each building to join the networks. It is assumed that each building will have its own single subnet. Company expects approximately 500 workstation across all the sites with approximate numbers in each building as follows:
· Finance Office – 100 workstations
· Transport Office – 50 workstations
· Research Office – 25 workstations
· Sales Office – 25 workstations
· Information technology – 250 workstations
· Head Office – 50 workstations
Write a report on a secure network plan including following:
1) Draw a complete network design for above scenario. (Include block diagram for each SITE)
2) Without security, what are the possible security threats to network? Write down all assumptions you made during the design of secure network.
3) Project hardware requirements such as name of the security network devices, with manufacturer’s name, series, model, type of cables etc. Also list cryptographic standards your prosed networking devices are able to use for security.
4) With the help of cryptographic algorithms, write justification of how this proposed secure network design ensure confidentiality, integrity, availability and authentication. (CIAA).
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
(The report should be targeted towards your audience i.e. the board of directors who may not be technologically savvy. Therefore the report should be easy to read and contain step by step overview of the design that includes calculations and assumptions. Additionally, the report contents should be logically, systematically and succinctly structured to create a cohesive and coherent analytical piece of work, using formal academic language and should adhere to grammatical conventions.)