Resource Management Paper – Final Draft Instructions
This paper will provide you an opportunity to analyze and make recommendations regarding resource management. These recommendations will be targeted at the finances/budget, materials, and personnel for a current worksite unit/division/organization or a proposed system.
The paper will consist of the following elements:
· Title page
· Body of paper with proper headings in current APA format
· Recommendations and conclusions
· Reference page
The paper will primarily focus on resource management: financial management, materials management, and personnel management. Recommendations should be based on legal guidelines, ethical guidelines, scope, and standards of practice for the nurse administrator and reflect a Christian worldview.
Include the following in the paper:
· Introduction – Provide background data for the unit/division/organization, including an overview of the system and types of services delivered to the population; any special considerations for budget, safety, and/or quality; and any special needs for resources related to payor mix, etc. The mission and vision of the system and proposed outcomes (delivery of services, etc.) should also be identified in the introduction. The mission and vision should underpin the delivery of services, workforce development, and work environment.
o Include information regarding the Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) initiative and how it impacts the budget and use of resources for this system.
· Financial Management – Provide an in-depth discussion on reimbursement and types of revenue streams for this system: DRGs, PPSs, capitation, HMO structure, Medicare, Medicaid, or other current legislative measures, such as the Affordable Health Care Act of 2010. Discuss strategies based on theory and/or peer-reviewed literature that ensure an environment of quality and safety outcomes.
o Discuss recommendations for cost containment opportunities and strategies, such as opportunities for productivity, cost-benefit analysis, patient/client classifications, staff mix, or other strategies to contain cost yet provide excellent care that ensures safety and quality.
· Materials Management – Discuss materials management for this specific unit/division/organization and how it will be achieved. Are there any special considerations? Discuss how a Christian worldview influences these decisions.
o Provide recommendations for operations, budget, staffing, etc. based on the literature and the textbook.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
· Personnel Management – Discuss proposed recommendations for recruitment, retention strategies, opportunities for continuing education and career advancement, and/or other pertinent personnel issues specific to the system.
o Discuss strategies for a safe working environment, considering the job descriptions, skill mix, scheduling needs, and patient/client classification systems for this unit/division/organization. Discuss how a Christian worldview influences these decisions. Consider innovative and new ideas found in the literature as well as how the Magnet Recognition Program impacts nursing.