Read I and II Corinthians. Read Bruce, pages 264-279. Also read Romans 14 (in comparison to Paul’s discussion of meats offered to idols in I Cor 8 and 10).
Answer the following questions (six pages).
1. Summarize what Paul has to say about Communion (Eucharist, or the Lord’s Supper), which became a primary Christian observance (I Cor, 10:16;11:17-33).
2. Discuss what Paul says about eating meats offered to idols (I Cor. 8, and 10:14-22). Compare that to Romans 14.
3. Explain your own views on Spiritual gifts (I Cor. 12-14), and how love fits in with that discussion.
4. The resurrection was an important expectation for Paul. Read I Cor. 15 and give your honest assessment.
5. Summarize Paul’s discussion of his own hardships and sufferings (II Cor. 6:3-13;11:16-33).
6. The Book of Acts ends with brief notes about Paul’s house arrest in Rome. Do research and summarize traditions concerning his closing days and death. Include references to sources.