Two studies are described for which you have been provided data in a dataset. For each of the studies, please respond to all of the questions.
A. A researcher wants to know whether a community’s high school graduation rate is positively associated with the rate of juvenile delinquency in that community. She collects data on these two variables from 20 communities around the US.
1. What kind of research design is this? ___________________ (1 extra pt)
Note: If it’s an experimental or quasi-experimental design, you must also identify whether it’s a between or within-subjects design.
2a. What is Variable 1? _____________ (1 pt)
2b. What is its scale of measurement? ______________ (1 pt)
3a. What is Variable 2? ______________ (1 pt)
3b. What is its scale of measurement? ____________ (1 pt).
4.a What is the null hypothesis? __________________________________________(1pt)
4b. What is alternate hypothesis 1? __________________________________________(1 pt)
4c. What is alternate hypothesis 2? __________________________________________ (1 pt)
5. What statistical test do you need to run to test your hypothesis? (2 pts)
6. Run the test in SPSS with the data provided you and show your work. Copy the output to this document (don’t do screenshots) and upload a copy of your output file along with the test.) (3 pts)
7. Describe whether based on the results you would accept or reject the null hypothesis. If you reject, specify which alternate you would accept. (1 pts)
8. Report the results of the statistical test in a sentence (i.e., report whether the result is significant or not, its direction, and the test statistic and its p value in APA format). (3 pts)