Descriiption: For your final paper, you will choose one research method and design. The purpose of this assignment is to have you think about your
“Methods” section of your final paper.
Thoughtfully consider your study design and integrate materials from this quarter. There should be evidence of course content integrated throughout this
assignment. If you are working with a peer, then only one student should submit the assignment.
For your assignment, copy the following headers then write your response to each question. You may use bullet points and/or paragraph form. Even though
there is no page limit for this assignment, it should be about 1-2 pages.
1. Research Question: write your RQ
2. Purpose Statement: write your study’s purpose statement
3. Study Design: state your study design (cross-sectional, experimental, ,…)
4. Operationalization and measurement: Operationalize your variables. IV and DV. Are there confounding variables? What are some measurements?
5. Sample: what’s your unit of analysis? Identify age range, geographical area, gender, sample size, inclusion criteria, and any other descriiptions relevant to
your specific sample.
6. Ethical Considerations: IRB approval from where, consent form, confidentiality and data safety, and any other ethical considerations specific to your
7. Data Collection: how will you collect your data? How will your potential respondents know how to sign up to your study? Will you use a survey, interviews
(in person, over phone, website,..), What type of sampling? Be specific about probability or non-probabiity sampling and identify the steps of how you will
collect data from your sample.
my “Ethical consideration” discussion:
“My planned study will be a qualitative study to identify essential stresses related to the COVID-19 epidemic and evaluate their effects on the mental health of
college students. My research will concentrate on the demographic of university students. Because the study is intended to be qualitative, I will be cautious
collect data to determine which group is most likely to have their mental health damaged by this pandemic. Ethical Considerations: IRB approval,
confidential/anonymous, informed consent”.
Regarding the Ethical consideration, my professor gives me some suggestions below:
1. Define further “demographic of university students” what about their demographics you are interested in learning about?
-specific age range, years in school, public or private colleges and universities, and where?
explain what confidentiality is because by now, this is understood.
3. Also, delete asking about their identifying information. such as name, phone,…Again, it’s understood.
4. Delete anonymous
5. Any other ethical considerations you learned from the PPT that relate to your research design?
Your proposed research is not clearly defined. For example, will you be interviewing students individually?
Focus groups of 8-10 students in each group, for a total of three groups?