M 303 Fall 2021 Writing Project
Grade on this project is equal to one test
1. Using the New York State Department of Education website.
What’s on it- summarize, what resources for future teachers? what resources for teachers? what help for teaching math?
2. Using the National Council of Mathematics website.
what resources for future teachers? what resources for teachers?
what help for teaching math?
3. Website Geogebra- Navigating this site is enormous. It has lots stuff. Some is wonderful. Create a guide for teachers. Describe 3 students with needs- gifted grade 3 able to do grade 5 work, in grade 4 lacking basic skills and unable to memorize basic addition or multiplication facts… You create the “students” and you describe the resources that you can use.
4. Scratch Programming
a. Learn to scratch program by using the available videos.
b. After you know how to use the app or explain how you would teach this skill and create an outline for the “Scratch programming” club that you will be create. This club will meet for 1.5 hours every week.
5. Number systems: (Mayan, Egyptian, Babylonian, Roman)
Research how you would do addition, multiplication, division, fractions with these systems. Some of these operations might be very difficult some might be impossible. Figure this out write a paper about this. Be ready to present a problem using multiplication or division.
6. If you have an idea, email it and I will probably approve it.