The individual deliverables for this assignment are shown below and all of them need to be submitted electronically in main but the poster must be submitted on A2 paper or card. You are advised to read the Marking Criteria (included in this file), which will be applied to ensure your deliverables satisfy expectations.
Deliverable One – 15 marks
· Describe the initial situation that stimulated the initiation of the project and what will be altered by the implementation of the project. Set out what the project’s business case is which justifies the (public) investment in this project and present a summary and a top-level breakdown of the major costs of the project, as well as the likely completion date.
· This should all be set out in 500 words or less (word count should be shown explicitly at the end of the business case).
Deliverable Two – 20 marks
· Construct an A2-size poster (16.54” x 23.39”) describing your project and your cost-benefit analysis of your selected project. This should include both aspects of time and total cost as well as reflection on the likelihood of achieving those benefits of the project after investment of (public) finance i.e. some form of risk assessment.
· Your verbal presentation should include an explanation of some aspects of the layout of the poster and its components, including any symbolism. The poster will be displayed on the wall during a demonstration session before the end of term during which you (the pair of students who have worked together on this element of coursework) will be asked to “present” your poster verbally lasting no more than five (5) minutes + two (2) minutes for questions. Posters will need to be prepared and brought to your booked presentation session, the date of which will be announced on Blackboard.
Deliverable Three – 25 marks
· Compile your research and analysis of the project, including tables of cost-benefit analysis, into a report of no more than 1500 words (for guidance, the whole of this specification is about 1500 words long) (word count will not include references but they need to be explicitly shown at the end of the report).
· The report will need to clearly give a project definition, the project deliverables and set out the costs and then how those expenditures translate into the benefits the business case described (as set out in Deliverable 1).
· Your research must be properly cited and referenced using the UWE-Harvard system. A title page, contents page and properly structure report is expected.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
font-family:”Times New Roman”,serif;
Total Assignment: 60 marks