THEA1051 Production Analysis
Write an 800-1000 word paper (double spaced, 12 pt. font) that explores and analyzes one or more technical
elements in the filmed stage production of She Loves Me.
Some examples of topics: (these are only examples, please feel free to create your own original topic)
● What were the designer and director trying to achieve with the setting and design choices that were
● What was the most interesting part of the production from a technical standpoint and why?
● Explore what worked in the production and what perhaps, didn’t work, in your opinion.
Tips for writing:
● See the production – don’t try to write this essay without first watching the play.
● Remember, this paper is to be written from a technical viewpoint of the production. Pay attention to
the design, lighting, sound, set, or props.
● Focus on one or two technical elements and how they work withing the production
● Use vocabulary and technical terms, you have learned up to this point, as much as possible.
Format and Organization:
Put the following information at the top of your paper:
Your Full Name
Date assignment is submitted
Title of your paper (should reflect the topic you’ve chosen)
Introduction: Write a short introduction that includes a summary of the topic you will discuss in your essay.
Summary of production: In one or two paragraphs, describe the production you saw.
Analysis : This is where you include your analysis of a technical element (see example topics above).
Conclusion: The conclusion should reiterate the main points of your analysis.