Task : Practice related evaluation of care (2500)
You are required to undertake a critical analysis of the management of a patient with a long term condition or disease/s. Focus on one element of care and evaluate your role within this analysis.
Plan of assessment and guidance
· · Set the current context (to include policy, strategies) for chronic disease management, internationally and nationally
· · You must select a patient whose care you have been, or are involved in. This must be a patient who has a long term condition or disease/s.
· · You are then required to examine in depth ONE aspect of significance that emerged during the care of this patient NOT the disease as a whole. eg. teaching inhaler technique for someone with asthma or managing constipation for someone with chronic pain; improving self-management skills in a patient with heart failure. Hence the essay is not about the disease itself.
· · Finally you should evaluate your role in the care – using first person.
· · Your assignment should demonstrate a critical understanding of the subject area, an
analysis of related research and evidence and an integration of theory and practice.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
1. · Your assignment must demonstrate your learning as identified within the unit learning objectives. Which is (critically analyse the importance of communication, referral and care coordination in the management of chronic disease in relation to patients, families, colleagues, and other health-care professionals within a multidisciplinary team)