Instructions on the Paper:
– This is a 4 to 5-page paper, though you may certainly write more than that.
– Cite the text to support your claims.
– Write the paper is if it were a college paper.
Suppose someone argues for skepticism like this: People have different beliefs. People disagree about how old the world is; whether there is life on other planets; and even whether Bigfoot exists. So there’s really no truth about how old the world is; whether there’s life on other planets; or even whether Bigfoot exists.
Answer the following Questions:
1. Does this paper identify have a clear thesis? (5%)
2. Does this paper contain only relevant information? Are the citations completed properly? (5%)
3. Does the paper attribute the correct view to the philosophers in question? (10%)
4. Is/are the philosopher’s view presented with the appropriate level of detail?
(For example, does the author explain concepts and arguments in a tight manner, or are the arguments and concepts merely sketched?)
5. Does the author present a clear argument in his/her discussion? (15%)
6. Does the paper cohere? Or is the paper a hodgepodge of disparate ideas? (10%)
7. Does the conclusion tie together the different phases of the paper? Or is the conclusion a non-sequitur? (5%)
8. Are the spelling, grammar, and syntax on the college level? (5%)
9. Does the author make appropriate and accurate use of course concepts in constructing his or her discussion? (20%) Intangibles: Is the paper on the assigned topic? Is it the author’s own work?