Using your potential persuasive speech topic( Persuade my audience that grade school students should
have to wear uniforms). answer the following questions for this assignment:
1. What is your persuasive speech topic? What side are you going to be arguing? (for example: “for animal
testing” or “against animal testing”).
2. List all counterarguments that oppose your position/claim (your claim is what you are trying to prove or
persuade the audience to do or believe).
3. Choose the strongest position against yours and list it here, along with how you will address it in your
speech. See your textbook for ideas on how to address counterarguments.
4. Which persuasive speech organizational pattern will you use to organize your main points? Why did you
choose this pattern?
5. How do you plan to use ethos, pathos, and logos in your persuasive speech? Please be as specific as
possible and write about all three (ethos, pathos and logos). For example: “I will appeal to pathos by
use chapters 23 and 24 of this text book as a source (O’Hair, D., Rubenstein, H., & Stewart, R. (2019). A
pocket guide to public speaking
(6th Ed.). Boston, MA: Bedford/St. Martin’s