· Compare and contrast denominations, cults, sects, and the New Religious Movement.
Religion is one of the most important drivers of society. It’s a socializer, a sub-culture, and a social influencer. Few social structures have a more powerful impact on a society than religion. Every few years Pew Research does an exhaustive study of America’s religious landscape. This week you will get a chance to look at the data and learn more about the religious beliefs and practices in Florida Deliverables A Word document 300 words for the length requirement, in 12-point font, double spacing, APA citations (including a title and reference page), and utilizes paragraph format with complete sentences. This assignment should also respond to the following questions thoroughly and thoughtfully. Activity Details Perform the following tasks:
Step 1: Gather Information Before Writing.Go to the Pew Website and explore the findings of the Religion in America report. Click here to go to the reportLinks to an external site.. Please click on the link to go to the website and explore all the data and the trends that the data suggests.
Then scroll down and find the American map and click on the state of Florida to learn all about Floridians religious habits and views.
Be sure to locate the two sub-pages, which you will find below the left column
· BELIEFS AND PRACTICESLinks to an external site.
· SOCIAL AND POLITICAL VIEWSLinks to an external site.
Step 2: Write your Assignment
Compose an essay in which you do the following 2 things:
1. Look closely at the FLORIDA data. Summarize what the data says about the “Religious Composition” of adults in Florida.
2. Now, look at the Beliefs and Practices and Social and Political Views sections where Floridians answered many questions related to social and moral issues in society. What connections or disconnects do you you see between the level of Religion in Florida and the answers to these questions?
NOTE: Make sure to use quotes, citations and references to support your work.
Step 3: Look over your Assignment for Spelling or Grammar Errors.
It is always a good idea to proofread your work prior to submission. Take this time to read over your assignment and make sure you have thoroughly and thoughtfully explained your answers to the questions listed above.