· Hilt, R. J., & Nussbaum, A. M. (2016). DSM-5 pocket guide for child and adolescent mental health Links to an external site. . American Psychiatric Association Publishing.
· Chapter 12, “Developmental Milestones”Links to an external site.
· Thapar, A., Pine, D. S., Leckman, J. F., Scott, S., Snowling, M. J., & Taylor, E. A. (2015). Rutter’s child and adolescent psychiatry (6th ed.). Wiley Blackwell.
· Chapter 51, “Autism Spectrum Disorder”
· Chapter 55, “ADHD and Hyperkinetic Disorder”
· Utah State University. (n.d.). Creating study guides Links to an external site. . https://www.usu.edu/academic-support/test/creating_study_guidesLinks to an external site.
· Walden University. (2020). Success strategies: Self-paced interactive tutorials Links to an external site. . https://academicguides.waldenu.edu/academic-skills-center/skills/tutorials/success-strategiesLinks to an external site.
· Zakhari, R. (2020). The psychiatric-mental health nurse practitioner certification review manual. Springer.
· Chapter 13, “Child/Adolescent Neurodevelopmental Disorders”
· Dillon, K. (2019, March 23). DSM-5 neurodevelopmental disorders Links to an external site. . [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx4GuyX5SgcLinks to an external site.
· The National Center for Learning Disabilities. (2013, February 20). What is ADHD? Links to an external site. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/0Wz7LdLFJVMLinks to an external site.
· Osmosis. (2017, October 17). Autism – causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatment, pathology Links to an external site. [Video]. YouTube. https://youtu.be/x2hWVgZ8J4A
Irritability in autism
amphetamine IR, XR, and ER dextroamphetamine atomoxetine
clonidine hydrocholoride ER Dexmethylphenidate IR and XR guanfacine hydrocholride ER lisdexamfetamine methylphenidate methylphenidate hydrocholoride IR and ER, transdermal
· Your Instructor will assign you to a specific neurodevelopmental disorder from the DSM-5-TR.
· Research your assigned disorder using the Walden Library. Then, develop an organizational scheme for the important information about the disorder.
THE ASSIGNED DISORDER: Childhood-onset fluency disorder (stuttering)
Create a study guide for Childhood-onset fluency disorder (stuttering). Your study guide should be in the form of an outline with references, and you should incorporate visual elements such as concept maps, charts, diagrams, images, color coding, mnemonics, and/or flashcards. Be creative! It should not be in the format of an APA paper. Your guide should be informed by the DSM-5-TR but also supported by at least three other scholarly resources.
Areas of importance you should address, but are not limited to, are:
· Signs and symptoms according to the DSM-5-TR
· Differential diagnoses
· Development and course
· Considerations related to culture, gender, age
· Pharmacological treatments, including any side effects
· Nonpharmacological treatments
· Diagnostics and labs
· Legal and ethical considerations
· Pertinent patient education considerations