Present a mini research proposal using Internet Gaming Addiction in the USA that includes the following:
1. Statement of problem. Provide a clear justification with evidence on why this study is relevant to psychology and worthy of doctoral-level study. Support your efforts using at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources published within the past 5 years to ensure relevancy (references attached).
2. Purpose statement (how your study will address the problem using qualitative methodology). This statement should flow from the problem statement.
3. Research questions (make sure there is alignment with the problem and purpose).
4. Find an additional two to three articles related to your topic of interest and provide an overview of the research methodology and design where you specifically discuss the elements below from each article and discuss how each applies (or does not apply to your current study):
o A specific qualitative design
o The population and sample
o Steps for data collection and protection of human subjects and steps for the analysis of the data
o Issues of trustworthiness within a qualitative framework.
5. Based on your analysis above, what seems most applicable to your hypothetical study and why? Be sure to discuss the qualitative design, population and sample, data collection, analysis, and trustworthiness.
6. Discussion of the inherent strengths and challenges of your hypothetical study to include any ethical considerations that might need to be addressed in the study.
Length: 7 pages
References: 11 (attached)
APA Style, no plagiarism
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;