Marketing Plan & Management Plan
Length: Up to 15 pages
Addresses Learning Outcomes: 3 & 5
· Apply what you learned in your MBA program and if necessary, perform external research to refresh your knowledge base.
· Cite your references.
· If you incorporate illustrations into your narrative, be sure to fully explain your illustrations. You do not want your reader to interpret the illustrations, you must control the message. Provide an in-depth explanation of your illustrations.
· Use section headers aligned to the guidelines for each section (this way you are assured each requirement is included in your narrative).
Section 6: Marketing Plan
Write the marketing plan, including the items listed below.
Marketing Plan Guideline
· Provide a description of your product/service.
· Discuss the innovation your product/service brings to the marketplace.
· What is the problem/need the product/service solves or addresses?
· How will the product/service solve or address the customer’s needs?
· What are the features, advantages, and benefits of the product/service?
· Describe any product variances.
· Describe the social media marketing applications.
· Describe how GIS will be used to capture market data.
· Position in the PLC.
· Position in the ILC.
· Describe the plan for branding, including the use of logos, slogans, jingles, mascots, and color schemes.
· The value proposition.
· The marketing mix.
· The major characteristics of the target market (demographics/ psychographics/geographics).
· Competitive analysis.
· Total sales to this market in the geographic area.
· Total sales, year one, year five, and year ten.
· The percentage of demand this business expects to capture.
· The FMOT and SMOT for the customer.
· Marketing communication plan (internal and external).
· Customer relationship management plan.
· Eight pages minimum.
Section 7: Management Plan
Write the Management Plan, including the items listed below as applicable.
Management Plan Guideline
· Board of Directors & rationale for members
· Management and ownership
· Management staff structure with an organizational chart
· Key managers
· Talent management plan
· Diversity, equity, and inclusion plan
· Organization chart
· Job descriptions
· Recruitment plans
· Retention plans
· Compensation plan
· Rewards, bonus, recognition plans
· Training & development plans
· Insurance plans & costs
· Government rules & regulations (if applicable).
· Six steps of economic decision making as applied to your business
· Seven pages minimum