Module 4 – SLP
MANAGING ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE
For the Module 4 SLP assignment think about a major organizational change that occurred in your workplace. Think carefully about the steps taken by management during the change process, and the organizational change processes and concepts that you read about in the background materials. Then write a 2 page paper addressing the following issues. Make sure to cite at least two of the required background readings on organizational change in your paper:
1. Describe the change that occurred in your workplace, and list the major steps or stages involved in this change.
2. Describe Lewin`s, three steps, Kotter’s eight steps, or the five-step approach of action research. What were the key similarities and differences between these models and the ones used in your organization?
3. Based on your answers to Questions 2 and 3, do you think the change process would have gone better if management used Lewin’s three steps, Kotter’s eight steps, or the five-step approach of action research?
SLP Assignment Expectations
• Follow the assignment instructions closely and follow all steps listed in the instructions.
• Stay focused on the precise assignment questions; don’t go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials
• List supporting references and cite sources in proper format.
• Use appropriate writing style in essay form (organization, grammar, and spelling).
• Include both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC portal.