Learning Outcomes Covered by this assessment.
Assessment Task& Marking Criteria
Respond to all of the following four tasks in the form of a 1,250 word (max) APA referenced report. Include a correctly APA formatted reference list of sources you cite within your report. (Mark weighting: all questions carry equal marks i.e. 25 marks for each of the 4 questions):
1) Define the terms with brief examples: ontology, epistemology and research ‘paradigm’ (25 Marks).
2) Using the handout given in the first session and well as other academic references, identify and explain the research paradigm, ontological and epistemological position of the author of the research article you have been provided with. Proceed to evaluate the suitability of the author’s research paradigm for achieving the research aim (25 Marks).
3) Evaluate the literature reviewing within the article in terms of its coverage and currency, analysis, criticality, synthesis and the identification of gaps in the existing literature (25 Marks).
4) Explain the 4 main principles of ethical management research and evaluate the empirical research reported in the article against these principles (25 Marks).
FURTHER Key Resources/Reading
Bryman, A. & Bell, A. (2011). Business research methods. (3rd ed.). Harlow, United Kingdom: Oxford University Press.
Easterby-Smith. M., Thorpe, R. & Jackson, P. (2012). Management research. (4th ed.). London, United Kingdom: Sage.
Saunders, M., Lewis, P., & Thornhill, A. (2016). Research methods for business students. (7th ed.). Harlow, United Kingdom: Pearson Education Limited
Stokes, P. & Wall, T. (2015). Research methods. London, United Kingdom: Palsgrave-Macmillan.
Please refer to the Assessment Guidance (on moodle page) for detailed information on: –
· Academic Malpractice
· APA Reference Guide
· Late Work Penalties
· Excess word count penalties
· University Generic Marking Criteria
It is your responsibility to ensure that you are familiar with the above as failure to do this may impact on your achievement in this assessment.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;