Literature Review Instructions
This is a paper that is within the Wind Engineering Field. Any references that are used for this literature
reviewed are highly preferable to be from wind engineering journals.
Target is to get 100 references. The minimum requirements for references from journal articles is 50.
References may be dated all the way back from 1900s to present. Other sources of references are
limited to conference papers, books, and websites with reliable sources. References must be done using
Microsoft Word’s built in Citations and Bibliography. References are to be set in Harvard Style. Refer to
Figure 1 for the location.
Below are some authors whose articles are required to be referenced with the minimum number of
their articles referenced (First Author is when they are the first author to be mentioned on the
publication, Co-author is when they are amongst any of the authors on the paper):
Blocken B – 8 Minimum (5 as First Author, 3 as Co-author)
Stathopoulous T – 4 Minimum (2 as First Author, 2 as Co-author)
Bitsuamlak G – 4 Minimum (2 as First Author, 2 as Co-author)
Aboshosha H – 2 Minimum as Co-author
H.M. Hangan – 2 Minimum as Co-author
G.A. Kopp – 2 Minimum as Co-author
C.M. Miller – 2 Minimum as Co-author
H. Peerhossaini – 2 Minimum as Co-author
The paper must flow very well between one topic and the other. There should be no divider titles when
transitioning from one topic to another. There should also be a link between the topics during the
transition. The paper content must cover the following in any order that is appropriate (suggestion
1. Talk about the growth of Drones and UAVs in the current Canadian market as well as their expected
growth over the upcoming few years.
2. Talk about the different usages of drones and what they are currently being used as in different
industries (5 different industries). Then also mention the futuristic uses of drones (last mile delivery is
the primary topic).
3. Talk about different limitations that the drones experience and how it can pose as a safety hazard in
big cities (speeds, weight, size, etc.)
4. Talk about big cities, especially the downtown core of the city of Montreal (Mont Royal, very tall
buildings, varying topography and terrain that surrounds the city, and its bordering of water bodies),
and how all these factors affect the complex aerodynamics present in the city. Need a few references
that discuss the importance of understanding the complex aerpdunamics present in the city.
5. Link that this complex aerodynamics will can be analyzed with computational fluid dynamics software.
Once you have introduced the software, provide a literature review of the evolution of computational
fluid dynamics in order from oldest to newest (to represent a timeline). Provide some literature on how
CFD results are reliable.
6. 3-4 short sentences to act as the conclusion paragraph for the literature