Will identify the need for a healthy lifestyle as it relates to fitness for duty. They will evaluate themselves and set goals for the future.
Write an essay that touches on the following areas:
1) Your immediate family’s influence on your fitness as you grew up.
2) Your history of involvement in physical training I exercise.
3) A critical assessment of your present physical fitness level.
(a) Barriers to fitness (Family obligations and other realities of daily life often get in the way of my best intentions to be more active.)
(b) Motivations (My family, friends, and career)
4) Long- and short-term fitness goals.
(a) Set specific goals for each of the assessed areas
(b) Pull-ups, Push-ups, Sit-ups, Bench press, 1.5 mile run, etc.
5) Expectations of the Physical Training Program for Law Enforcement
(a) Fears I concerns (not keeping up)
6) How will you measure the success of the Physical Training Program?
7) How motivated are you to become physically fit?
(a) What have you done in the last 3 months? I was part of LECS (Law Enforcement Candidate Scholars Program, Running with the Recruits, Bootcamp Wednesdays, and 24-Hour Fitness). I mentally, Physically and emotionally prepared myself for training.
Write an essay identifying the above items.