Why The Topic Was Chosen
1. Explain why you chose your topic, referring to assignment guidelines.
2. Why is this topic meaningful to you?
3. Provides full and complete Identification, definition, and description of topic,
background & why topic was chosen
How The Topic Impacts Nursing Practice
1. Please show how your topic impacts nursing practice and/or patient care
2. How will the topic impact your role as a nurse in the nursing workforce or in the clinical setting?
1. Provide a full description of your topic
2. Describe how your chosen topic is relevant/current to nursing practice
Current Relevance (Cont’d)
1. Provide a critical analysis supported by evidence based practice that is credible and timely (i.e. data, graph, research, statistics).
Clinical Practice Integration
1. How your topic is integrated and used in clinical practice
Plan for Lobbying
1. Describe in detail what and how you would lobby your legislators or local government for funding to support your topic.
(will you write a letter, social media, etc. include main points you will present to persuade funding)
2. What current or proposed legislation already exists that pertains to your topic?
Plan for Lobbying (Cont’d)
1. Make insightful, clear and accurate connections to importance of lobbying legislators & government
1. Show insight and comprehensive solutions/conclusions regarding your chosen topic