Prepare a 10 minute PowerPoint talk that describes the Topic you have identified, how you propose to study the question and what you hope to learn.
A general outline your research proposal presentation is:
Determine the purpose
The purpose of a presentation may be to provide information, persuade the audience to accept a point of view, or encourage them to take action. Knowing your purpose will help you decide what to include and how to structure your presentation.
Select effective information
• What kind of information will best support the presentation?
• What kind of information will appeal to the audience?
• Are there some useful examples or case studies to illustrate an idea?
Structure provides a framework for your presentation.
1. Introduction – an overview of the issue and the main ideas to be considered. Explain the issue, the background and key terms.
2. Body – the main ideas, reasoning, evidence and explanation provided. Avoid overloading your audience with too much information. Categorize your information into key ideas.
3. Conclusion – a summary of what you have considered with repetition of key ideas.
What you should submit: