Assessment 2: Individual Investigative Report (3,500 – 4,000 words)
Formative submission: All students must present a 10-minute seminar on their work during session 14 & 15
Final Submission – Week 11
This assessment requires students to consider the role of leadership in strategic management in a company of their choice.
Write an investigative report to critically evaluate a leader’s traits and competencies on the strategic management of the organisation.
Please identify these points in your report:
• Select an International business leader of your choice
• Does the leader’s trait influence the strategic direction of the business?
• How is the organisational strategy communicated in the business?
• Does transactional or transformational leadership drive the business
• You should provide a critical analysis of the academic area and then examine how the theory could be used to improve the business
• Demonstrate how this investigation supports your own development and what you have learning academic terms and as a practitioner.
You should identify your current skill set and demonstrate how you’re learning on the module has enhanced your own personal learning – your report should
include a 500-word summary of your learning
• Effectively identify and own their individual leadership development requirements using a variety of appropriate diagnostic tools e.g., Leadership Trait
• Plan the development of these skills, supporting their plan with appropriate use of academic theory and learning theories e.g., Kolb’s learning theory
• Place their plans in an organisational or industry context creating clear links to organizational strategy/strategies
• Incorporate appropriate professional reflection at relevant intervals
• Support this report with appropriate theoretical referencing and evidence of wider investigation and research.
Students are required to submit their Individual Investigative report via CANVAS by 20th May 2022 by 11.59pm (Singapore Time). Late submission will only
be accepted at the discretion of Module Leader based on valid reasons.
Successful completion of this assessment must demonstrate the achievement of the following learning outcomes
4. Demonstrate a critical awareness of the organisation so that an effective understanding of organisational problems and opportunities can be developed
when considering leadership.
5. Demonstrate a critical appreciation of responsible leadership that emphasises the ethical dimension that informs these activities.
6. Students should be able to identify their own current skill set and demonstrate how their learning on the module enhances their own personal
development. Demonstrate their abilities as reflective practitioners
The supporting academic report must include substantial evidence of theoretical underpinning and research as well as a clear application to practice and
correct Harvard referencing.