I would like to thank you for accepting to participate in my research. My name is Badar AL Rashdi Master student at Cranfield University (United Kingdom) and I am conducting a research to explore the Impact of Automation on Opening Account on Brand Experience in the Banking Industry.
The aim of the research is to explore the relation between automation in banking services with brand experience ,brand authenticity ,user experience and customer acquisition /repurchase intention. Below are the main objectives:
To explore the role of automation on opening account towards building on brand trust and brand authenticity
To explore the impact of Service Automation/Digitalisation on user experience and brand authenticity in relation to online account opening
To explore the role of automation on opening account towards heightening the effectiveness of banking services that will form unique experiences and contribute towards the repurchase intention
Duration :Will take around 30 to 40 minutes.
Mechanism : Online through teams or zoom. The interview will be recorded and will be used only for the purpose of this research.
Interviewee: Will be interviewing multiple managers across banks.
Timeline :This project is expected to be completed by September 2022.
Thank you again for your participation below are the questions & the consent form for reference.
Informed consent form
Title of the project: The Impact of Automation on Opening Account on Brand Experience in the Banking Industry
Name of the researcher: Badar Al Rashdi
Researcher’s contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participant number: N0.
Part 1: request consent to participate and note the ability to withdraw.
1. I confirm that I have been informed about this research project and I agree to take part.
2. I understand that all personal information I provide will be treated with confidence and my name will not be used in any report, publication, or presentation.
3. I have been provided with a participant number as shown above. The researcher(s) will record data against my participant number instead of recording my name. The file linking my name to my participant number will be accessible only to the main researchers and will be securely destroyed after (………………………….).
4. I understand that I can withdraw from this project at any stage by informing a member of the research team, for whom contact details have been provided. I also understand that I can withdraw my data for a period of up to (………………………………) from today, as after this time it will not be possible to identify my individual data from the aggregated results as explained in point 3.
Part 2: Security of data storage.
I understand that the data I provide will be used by Cranfield University for the purpose of research.
Part 3: Data Collection and analytics.
• Interviews will be recorded and securely stored. These audio files will be securely deleted as soon as they are no longer required.
• The recordings will be transcribed and saved as text files. These files (and any backups) will also be securely deleted as soon as they are no longer required.
• Analytical software will be used to aggregate the results of the research and every reasonable step will be taken to anonymise the data.
• Any analysis will attempt to remove any personal descriptors but where this is not possible further permission(s) will be sought.
I understand that the aggregated data will be published in support of the research findings.
I confirm that I have read and understand the information provided on this form and give my consent to taking part in this research.
Participant’s signature: Date:
Researcher’s signature: Date:
The interview will cover five areas to explore the relation between the above-mentioned variables.
Questions on Emotional Dimension of Brand Experience in the Banking Sector from your point of view:
1) How dose customer emotion impact brand experience at the first interaction with the brand /bank?
2) How dose automation on account opening service impact customer emotions toward the brand and their experience since there is no human interaction?
3) How do you build emotional connection with customer in case of automation of the first transaction with the bank (account opening)? and how this interaction on online platform will impact their brand experience?
Questions on Brand Trust & Doubt from your point of view:
1) How dose automation affects customer trust with the brand in the banking industry?
2) Have you ever faced any resistance from customers due to their doubts about automations? or because they don’t trust to transacted with automated services ?
Questions on Brand Authenticity from your point of view:
1) In your view dose consistency of automated service will help to increase the brand authenticity ? vs following the traditional way of banking ?
2) Dose age factor have impact on brand authenticity in relation to automation of services ?
3) How does automation in banking services deliver on your values & promises to customers.
4) In your perspective explain how automation in banking services represent your brand as evolving to customers ?
Questions on Customer Acquisition from your point of view:
1) How automation in services (open account) impact customer acquisition ?
2) Is automation in banking services (open account) a good strategy to increase customer acquisitions ? please re-phrase
3) How automation in banking services (open account) impact the cost associated to acquire new customers ?
Questions on Re-purchase Intentions from your point of view:
1) How digital tarsformation could have an impact on cutomser retention with your bank?
a. In your view?
2) In your preseptaive dose automation in opening acttount will impact customers re-purchse inetntions ? And why ?
3) Does automation in opening account impact customer brand experaice and help to build long relastioship with customers ? Once again, please re-phrase questions and avoid using ‘Does’ sicne the answert could be Yes/No which would not be helpful in providing deep insights into what you are investigating