Final Project for MA135
You are doing research on balance and fitness. To complete this research you will need use the excel data radomizer and analyze the data. Identify a random sample from N = 20 males. You must answer this question:
Write a one paragraph introduction to your research, discuss how you selected your sample (is it a random sample?), and write a one paragraph conclusion. Present your data in an organized manner.
How do you establish that this sample is truly random?
*You analyzing the balance times for the 20 men in seconds.
All statistics are found in the excel spreadsheet.
You will analyze your data and compute the following statistics for each group:
Steps: Do steps 1 and 2 at the same time b/c the values in the spreadsheet change each time you open the file:
1) Compute the Population Mean, Variance and standard Deviation of the 20 men in seconds the subjects stayed balanced.
2) Identify a random sample of 10 men and find the sample mean (avaerage balance time in seconds).
3) Find he Median number of days per week exercised.
4) Find the Mode of the favorite exercise.
5) Construct a complete hypothesis test and determine if the two groups (population mean vs sample mean) have significantly different balance using Alpha Level -> α = 0.05.
The Hypothesis Test should include:
1. Null and Alternative Hypothesis
2. Standard Error of the Mean
3. Standard Score Zscore
4. Alpha Level –Critical Zscores (two-tail test)
5. Conclusion: a. fail to reject H0 or b. reject H0
6. Conclusion with reference to original hypothesis statement “if if the two groups (population mean vs sample mean) have significantly different balance times”. Also include your overall synopis of this course and your project.