Access the Virtual Desktop (VDI)
Every time you log in, the software programs on the VDI are accessible to you. It is important that you
always save your work to a cloud-based drive such as OneDrive.
1. Access the VDI via the login page. There is also a link available in your course.
Note: Access the VDI using the Google Chrome web browser.
2. Log in to your account.
• Username: Use your SNHU email without the “@snhu.edu.” (e.g., Petey.Penmen1).
Note: Username inputs currently have an 18-character limit. Enter only the first 18
characters of your email address without the “@snhu.edu.”
• Password: Use your SNHU password.
• Domain: SNHU
Note: If you see a dialog box referring to the Workspace ONE extension, check the box next to
Don’t show this again and click Later.
3. Virtual apps and desktops will be provided to you based on the course you’re enrolled in. Scroll
down and select the virtual app or desktop for access.
Note: Your available desktops may be different from what is shown below. Choose the desktop
that is available to you. If you have both Student Lab 1 and Student Lab 2, please log in to
Student Lab 2 for better performance of larger applications.
Note: Courses that require only the use of Microsoft Project, Access, or Visio should use the app
available when logging into the VDI. Review this knowledge base article for more information on
saving in app only: How To – Save Files with OneDrive in VMware Student Labs.
4. Sign out of your desktop before closing the browser. To do this, press the Windows key, select
the user icon, and click Sign out.
Back Up All of Your Coursework to the Cloud
Remember to back up all of your coursework to a cloud-based drive, such as Microsoft OneDrive.
Student work on a nonpersistent VDI will not be saved. Refer to the Microsoft OneDrive Setup
Note: After 90 days, any files saved to the user profile will be removed.
VDI Knowledge Base
There is a knowledge base (KB) available to you. Access this area if you are experiencing any problems or
need further assistance with the VDI. If you are still experiencing difficulties, contact the IT Service Desk
via the SNHU Service Portal.
IT Service Desk
Should you have difficulty accessing the VDI, please contact the IT Service Desk via chat or online form
or by phone at 1-855-877-9919. Technical support is available 24/7.
Copying and Pasting From Your Course Within the Virtual Desktop
Open a web browser within the VDI and navigate to your course. You will be able to copy and paste
course content from your course within the VDI.
Course Content and Data Sets Found in Your Course Should Be Saved Virtually
1. Once you are inside your virtual desktop, open a web browser.
2. Log in to the learning environment, access your course, and navigate to your course module.
3. Save course content and data sets found in your course module to This PC, then Documents.
Note: This is the same folder titled My Documents on the desktop.
4. You can access your My Documents folder on the desktop.