1. Identify your target population (for instance, age or other demographic, aggregate population); this must be in your city or state.
2. Discuss population-based health education interventions for your target population that is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality for the problem. Be
sure to review the research literature and HP2020 for interventions.
3. Identify how and what data for interventions is being tracked.
In a four (4) page paper, address the following. Refer to rubric for expanded details related to grading expectations.
4. Identify the problem in the introduction section.
Provide an overview of the problem in your state/national. (CONNECTICUT)
5. Review of descriiptive epidemiological and demographic data on mortality/morbidity and risk.
6 HP2020: Present the goal, overview and objectives of Healthy People 2020 for the paper topic.
Population level prevention and health promotion review. 7.Describe population and/or primary health care focused interventions. Use of scholarly literature
and HP2020 is required. There should be direct correlation to evidence for all strategies.
Best Practices in Preparing the Project
1. Review directions and rubric through carefully.
2. Follow submission requirements.
3. Make sure all elements on the grading rubric are included. 4.Organize the paper using the rubric sections and appropriate headings to match the sections.
5. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the current edition of the manual. This includes the use of
headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used.
6. Ideas and information that come from scholarly literature must be cited and referenced correctly.
7. A minimum of three (3) scholarly literature references must be used. Not all references should be from scholarly web sites. You may use your textbook, but
this will not count towards the three (3) scholarly literature references.
8. Length: Papers not adhering to the page length may be returned to you for editing to meet the length guidelines.
Assignment Content Possible Points = 100 Points
Introduction of the Problem (no heading)
1. Problem is clearly stated.
2. General introduction to the problem supports its importance as a population health issue with data and general statement of scope of problem.
3. Focus of the paper is stated succinctly.
(3 critical elements)
All bullet items (content) included with depth and consistent connection, validation, by evidence.
All content included but limited clarity or depth OR Content is missing one critical element.
Content missing: 1. Two critical elements Or 2. Writing lacks clarity, depth
Content missing: 1. Two critical elements 2. Clarity 3. Problem is unsupported 4. Writing is largely unsupported
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDiscussion: Overview, Background and Significance of the Problem
1. Provide background and significance of the problem.
2. This includes risks and impact of disease.