Food Resiliency Management Plan
Analyze the importance of water and soil in the production and distribution of food.
Student Success Criteria
View the grading rubric for this deliverable by selecting the “This item is graded with a rubric” link, which is located in the Details & Information pane.
You have been hired as an environmental scientist for a local firm. For your first project, you are asked to construct a food resiliency plan for your firm. Given our changing global climate, growing population, overuse and scarcity of resource, such a management plan for the production and distribution of food is crucial. The goal of this proposed plan is to reduce waste and CO2 emissions contributed by your firm.
Construct a detailed management plan for food resiliency. Your plan should consist of three separate paragraphs, (5-7 sentences in length) and should contain the following elements:
· Your first paragraph should specify where and how your company will source its food given a goal year (e.g., 2030).
· This paragraph should consider measures to promote a fluid and organized plan for food resiliency that is realistic and achievable by the end goal (e.g., aquaponics/vertical farms sourced from local community centers to give residents access to fresh, organically grown produce).
· Your second paragraph should specify steps or measures that will be taken to move the firm towards this food resiliency plan.
· This paragraph should highlight the phasing out of foods sourced from farms that use pesticides/chemicals.
· Your third paragraph should discuss the potential reduction in food miles and CO2 emissions that would be achieved by the end date.
· This paragraph should highlight the end goal of reducing food miles and reducing CO2 emissions through sourcing food from local sources.