Submit a 1000-word description of the use of erythropoietin (EPO) in sport using information from reliable sources.
This task is to be submitted to Blackboard using the link below and is checked through Turnitin and assessed using the rubric attached.
Your assignment must address the following criteria:
1. describe the role of EPO in maintaining homeostasis in healthy individuals
2. describe the function of EPO and how it works at a physiological and cellular level
3. describe how EPO is used clinically
4. describe how EPO enhances performance and which sports it is used in
5. describe the negative effects of EPO
6. discuss the benefits and dangers of doping in sport using EPO on the basis of the evidence you presented earlier
7. use information from reliable, current sources, generally no older than 5 years. It is expected that you will have used at least 5 sources you have located yourself.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
Your work should have a descriptive title (at the top of the page – not as a separate title page, and also no contents page), introductory paragraph stating the purpose of the work and what it covers, the main body with descriptions and explanation, and a conclusion providing a summary. At the end, you need to present a reference list with all sources cited within the text. It is expected that you have used at least 5 sources that are current (within 5 years) and high quality.