1. First identify a *social problem* Elder Abuse
2. Remember, each article should be about a study of an intervention/program. It also has to an evaluation study that uses *quantitative* research methods
to evaluate that program/intervention (Qualitative studies won’t work, a system review won’t work, a case study won’t work….)
3. What kind of articles are NOT a good fit for this assignment?
A: Such as qualitative studies, studies based on a case study, a focus group do not work. Commentary articles, articles about theories, concepts, or studies
that are titled, “a system review of xxxx” are NOT acceptable for this assignment.
1. Does the article describe an intervention? Does the intervention include:
a. How long the intervention lasts?
b. How frequently participants receive the service?
c. Does the article describe the activities in the intervention?
2. Does the article describe the sample receiving the intervention?
3. Does the article describe the evaluation of the intervention?
a. Does it identify the outcome?
b. Does it describe the outcomes (results)?
4. The article IS NOT a Meta-Analysis (Comparing several interventions)?
A] Please provide the right articles for this Assignment
B] Critically appraising each of the components of evaluative research articles
C] Keep in mind that you are not only considering an assessment of the evaluation conducted but considering the presentation of the research report to you,
as a consumer of research.
D] Choose an appropriate statistical test for specific forms of data and hypotheses.
E] Implement logic and mathematical basis for different inferential statistics.
F] Use computers and the software package SPSS as a tool for data management and hypothesis testing.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU PROVIDE THE FOLLOWING:
1] Problem-Problem addressed by the intervention is identified and supported empirically. The problem is narrowed, and specific antecedents are identified.
2] Theory-Theoretical foundation for the intervention or model is explicit, including key concepts that are mechanisms of action for the intervention.
3] Intervention Structure-The intervention structure is fully explicated to the point that it could easily be replicated.
4] Evaluation Question-The specific evaluation/research question is stated, and key concepts are identifiable.
5] Hypothesis-The hypothesis is stated, and variables are easily identifiable.
6] Outcomes (Variables)- The outcome variables are identifiable and conceptually tied to the problem statement or theoretical foundation for the