Discussion Board: Duties of Healthcare Providers and Organizations
• #1: Discuss how health regulation can be used to achieve the goals: 1) to prevent disease and handle public health emergencies; 2) to protect the safety of food, water, and the environment; 3) to promote the quality of healthcare services and protect the rights of patients; and 4) to promote access to care and efficiency in the healthcare system.
• #2: Discuss the elements and implications of the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) and propose at least two future improvements to EMTALA as you consider the changing healthcare environment and an increase in uninsured people due to Affordable Care Act changes.
• #3: Negligence is the most common theory of malpractice. Describe the four key elements of negligence and explain the similarities and differences between vicarious liability and corporate negligence.
In 500-750 words, post according to your assigned topic (#1, #2, or #3). You must have at least three references in your initial posting and the weekly readings can be one of the references, the second reference must include a current article (within past two years) from a reputable journal, white paper, or other media source (Washington Post, New York Times, Kaiser Health News, Brookings Institute, etc.). List the references and post the link to the sources.
* If you are assigned #1, respond to the #1 Discussion Topic.
* If you are assigned #2, respond to the #2 Discussion Topic.
* If you are assigned #3, respond to the #3 Discussion Topic.
Please use APA style for in-text citations and references. Type or paste your response directly into the text box, do not attach any document files.
In 250 to 300 words, respond to each other to build upon the initial discussion posts. Your replies should demonstrate synthesis of the week’s content, introduce new questions and/or present new information. List one to two references and post the link to the sources.
* If you are assigned #1, you will reply to a #2 post and a #3 post.
* If you are assigned #2, you will reply to a #1 post and a #3 post.
* If you are assigned #3, you will reply to a #1 post and a #2 post.