1. Describe your job description writing process and why you chose to include the components you chose.
Monster (2021) states that a good job description has some critical steps for it to be considered “winning”:
· List the everything you require (essentials), in order
· Make the description so that the applicant can visualize what it’s like to work at your company.
· Provide what it would take to succeed at your company
I wanted to ensure that the description was simple but included all pertinent information and that the information was given in a logical order (Monster, 2021). This is to ensure that it is clear, and the job is understood by the candidate. When a job description is not clear a potential candidate may pass over the posting. Job description clarity will also mitigate misunderstandings later in the process. Also, the clear job description allows for the candidate’s qualifications and attributes to be compared to the job description itself (Rohr, 2016).
2. Detail a timeline for a job you want to hire for.
The posting will stay open for 30 days (may be extended if the right candidate has not been attained.) The process should be a quick and through as possible to not lose the desired candidate. Some positions, due to complexities, may take longer than others, but the process should only take as long as needed.
Week 2: Application reviews; select qualified candidates (based on applications and resume)
Week 3-4: Conduct pre-interview screening calls
Week 5: Conduct interviews with select candidates
Week 6: Follow-up interviews
Week 7: Offer letters / calls
Week 8: Start onboarding
3. Detail who will be involved in the interview process and why.
Security Team Lead – the person the candidate will be working with on a regular basis
Manager/s – will have interaction with managers on duty
Hiring Manager – Administrative purposes
4. Discuss 3-5 questions you would recommend for the initial screening.
What industries have you worked in as a security guard?
What were your responsibilities in your last security role?
What are some types of security systems that you have work with?
Have you ever dealt with a difficult visitor? What did you do in this situation?
Have you ever dealt with a medical issue while on shift? How did you respond?