1) Freedom Firm v. Commissioner of Police, Pune, Maharashtra, PIL 4/2015, October 30, 2015 Order.
2) Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Minor Girls in Ganga Jamuna, Nagpur, Freedom Firm Field Study Report, June 1, 2014.
3) “UNODC 2016 Global Report on Trafficking In Persons” [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6szSm8AkIw]
After viewing the assigned materials, answer the following questions as three separate posts.
1. Why is denying bail so important to ending sex trafficking? (Keep in mind principles from Siddharth Kara’s speech)
2. Consider strategies to hold public officials (police, social welfare, and judicial) accountable for their roles in societies structures to protect and bring justice to victims of sex trafficking.
3. What are some examples of corruption that allow trafficking to flourish?