● Students will create a digital presentation using a presentation tool of their choosing (Prezi, PowerPoint, Key, ect..) in response to the assignment prompt.
Prezi is a digital tool that students can use to create digital presentations, it is a free option for students and makes very professional presentations with a
little learning curve. You may use it or seek out what you are most comfortable with.
● Students will use their preferred presentation tool, create the presentation, and then embed their presentations into the discussion forum. In order to do so,
you can upload it to a cloud service (such as Google Drive) and add a public link to your discussion post. This way, you will not have problems with the size of
● For those of you who choose to use Prezi, go to prezi.com, create a free account and go through a quick tutorial to learn the program. There is a slight
learning curve to learn to adequately use the web tool.
● Title your presentation and embed it into a discussion post. Play around with blackboard to learn how to embed outside media.
● Each presentation must be posted on the due date by 11:59PM.
● As part of this assignment, students must post responses to at least two other presentations. During the week, students must post replies responding to at
least two other posts before 11:59PM. Each response post should be at least 200 words.
● Include the word count at the top of each peer response.
● Each presentation must have a minimum of 30 slides, not including youtube videos. Feel free to exceed this number. Create as
many slides as necessary.
● Each presentation must have a minimum of 1 pertinent youtube
video. At least one slide must explain the relevance of your embedded
youtube video to the larger theme.
● Students should work to make the most aesthetically pleasing presentation
possible. Minimize unnecessary “ spins” and “rotations.” However, do show relationships between concepts, historical situations, etc. Take inspiration from
the list of great presentations: https://blog.prezi.com/presenting-the- 6-best-prezis-of-2015/
● Embed your presentation into a discussion response post. Title the discussion post the title of your presentation.
● There is no rubric for the assessment of these presentations.
I’m sharing the instructions below:
Based on your readings throughout the course, you are to create a digital presentation using a presentation app of your choice (Prezi, PowerPoint, Key, etc..)
of all of the concepts and principles that you have read based on the assigned readings. You may choose to focus on one specific module or all of them that
you have read so far.
The Presentation will include a minimum of 30 slides, consisting of lots of illustrations, photos, poems, and videos to help explain your concepts. You will
then post a link to your presentation as a discussion post. Respond to two other students’ presentations for full credit. Each presentation must have a
minimum of 30 slides. Feel free to exceed this number. Create as many slides as necessary. Each presentation must have a minimum of 1 pertinent youtube
video. At least one slide must explain the relevance of your embedded youtube video to the larger theme.
Goal: The goal of this activity is to compel to familiarize yourself with the concepts of the course. The goal of the exercise is to compel you to form your own
understanding of the approaches, principles, concepts outlined.
If you are having issues with your Digital Presentation, you can do it in a Google Slides document, and then post the shareable link, please, make sure that the
link is shared as public, otherwise, I won’t be able to access it, and I won’t grade it.