· This is an individual task
· You need to develop a report. There are a set of questions to help guide you in the report.
· Please read the information below. Act as if you were the director in the company in question. Use the tools that you have learnt about in class to explore the information and develop solutions.
· The report should include a Contents page, Introduction, Mainbody (information gathering and analysis) and Conclusion with recommendations and a Bibliography.
· Uploads your report in pdf format
· Wordcount:1800 words
· Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total wordcount.
· Font: Arial 12,5 pts.
· Text alignment: Justified.
· The in-text References and the Bibliography have to be in Harvard’s citation style.
You are the Marketing Director for a retail chain of bicycle sellers. You sell a range of commuter bikes and high-end road and mountain bikes for more serious cyclists. You also sponsor some professional road and mountain bikers who use and promote your products. There are 2 stores in Barcelona (Diagonal and Gran Via).
In the last year you have seen your sales decrease in Barcelona. Stores in other cities in Spain have increased in the last year.
Figure 1: BIKE SHOP SALES DATA FROM THE LAST FEW YEARS IN BARCELONA STORES
Information found from surveying 200 clients in Barcelona:.
· Both stores have experienced staff who are disgruntled with the levels of work
· There are lots of road works that have been going on near both stores
· Crime rates have increased in terms of bike thefts in Barcelona over the last year
· Bicycle sales generally are going up with commuters
· Specialised bike equipment is going up generally (e.g. down-hill racers, fitness gadgets)
· The local government are promoting green commuter policies.
· 90% of the clients who purchased from the shop, live and work in Barcelona
· 10% of the clients said they would prefer to purchase on-line for their cycling needs
· A sample of 200 clients showed that 120 buy from the store in Diagonal; 100 buy from the store in Gran Via. We found out that 60 clients bought from both the stores in Diagonal AND Gran Via. How many clients shop in the store in Diagonal OR Gran Via?
1) Solutions need to be developed for the bike shop. Establish criteria and evaluate which alternatives could be appropriate for moving the bike shop forward to help turn sales around? (35%)
2) Identify the forces for and against, and develop ideas to overcome the negative and promote the positives? (30%)
3) Develop ideas to help promote creativity in the team to help self-managed decision making? (20%)
4) Develop some solutions in terms of the probabilities found from the data received from 200 clients? (15%)
It assesses the following learning outcomes:
· Outcome 1: to have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of effective decision-making processes within a business context marked by uncertainty risk danger opportunity and growth.
· Outcome 2: Identify and apply interpretive and analytical methods for effective analysis and decision making
· .Outcome 3: Apply the framework of effective decision-making within a business context and of risk management.