• Complete Reading Reflection 3 on Slack Entry for Davis Chapter 9:
Write a reflection to the questions below. Your reflection should contain at least one reference point from Chapter 9 “What the Research Says about Learning
• What root causes contribute to the “learning gaps” that exist?
• What assumptions and/or biases might you have that will influence your cultural lens?
• Right now, today, what are your expectations for student learning? How will you ensure your expectations are met?
• Please feel free to separate and label, if it is easier
• Root causes
• Read Pinto – Chapters 3, 4, and 5
• Read Farr, 2010
• Read Metropolitan Center for Urban Ed, 2008
• Early Fieldwork Experience – Journal #5
Summaries of Three: You will begin collecting “data” for three students in your fieldwork classroom (this will be ongoing). Choose three students:
• An English learner
• A student who has had life experiences either inside or outside of school that may result in a need for additional academic and/or emotional support
• A student with an identified learning disability with an IEP or a student on a 504 or a student who would be considered overachieving.
**Collect demographic data for each student (this will be used in the summaries of your CMP). You must describe each child:
General demographics – age and ethnicity, Physical appearance.
Learning characteristics, Behavioral characteristics,
Funds of knowledge, Interests, Individual needs, Academic achievement,
Social-emotional learning strengths and needs, Cultural assets
Take notes on how the teacher uses the concepts of UDL and differentiation to address the needs of your 3 students.
Are they engaged in MTSS and what tiers are obvious?
What accommodations do you see being utilized to meet the different learning needs of students?
Here are the uploads reading for the assignments above