All competency criteria must be met to earn a B grade and pass this Course Outcome.
A predefined number of mastery criteria must be met to earn an A grade, indicating mastery of the Course Outcome. See the CLA and Grade Criteria Chart below.
*If work submitted for this Competency Assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
MET NOT YET MET
Contrast forms of business organizations
Student identifies the pros and cons of three main types of business organizations.
Student discusses the duties and responsibilities of Agent Bo Jenkins.
Student includes the facts that he can enter into contracts and make marketing decisions on Cashmester.
Student discusses the potential liability issues for new individuals hired depending on whether they are independent contractors or employees.
Student clearly differentiates between the various business organizational types.
Student incorporates their state law for business formation.
Student includes the impact of international law on the island.
Student differentiates between two types of hires.
Student includes the Coming and Going rule and/or Frolic and Detour.
Total Competency Criteria:
Total Mastery Criteria:
LS311-6: Contrast the various forms of business organizations.
The Cardigans have seen fashions come and go, have entered into various types of business ventures, and have experienced a wide array of issues that have taught them what to do and what not to do in the future. Cassie, CEO of CARDWARE, wants the same concept of business to take hold on the island of Cashmester. Cassie has asked Bo Jenkins to represent Cardware in negotiations on Cashmester. Bo has been given the authority to enter into contracts on behalf of Cardware as well as to head off any marketing on the island The concept will be to provide fine clothing at a practical price. Using your knowledge of business law, please address the following concerns:
• What type of business would be in CARDWARE’s best interest? Discuss the pros and cons of the three types of business organizations. Be sure to discuss how to form the type of business chosen, as well as why it would best serve CARDWARE on the island. Since it is an unknown island, you may use your state’s laws for basic business concepts and laws as part of your response. However, you should mention the impact of international law when deciding disputes, contractual or otherwise.
• Discuss the duties and responsibilities of Bo Jenkins as CARDWARE’s agent.
• What type of liability issues regarding new employees should CARDWARE discuss ahead of time. Discuss liability if the individuals hired are independent contractors or employees, what liability might CARDWARE face in the event of an accident. Be sure to discuss the Coming and Going Rule as well as Detour vs. Frolic.
Checklist before Submitting Your Assignment:
• Read the question and what is being asked of you twice.
• Structure your Assignment in Memorandum Form.
Please share your thoughts with your supervising attorney Ryce E. Ronnie in memorandum format, as given below:
To: Ryce E. Ronnie, Attorney at law
From: [ Your Name ] Re: Business Formation on Cashmester, Agent duties and responsibilities, Liability of Hired Individuals
• Prepare an APA formatted cover sheet with your memorandum. Do not forget to indicate which unit the Assignment is for.
• Organize your memorandum with an introduction, body, and conclusion. Note: Your memorandum length of 2–3 pages is separate from your cover sheet and reference page.
• Be sure to avoid the use of first person. Instead, convey your research utilizing third person.
• Keep all font color consistent throughout. If you copy and paste a link and it is in blue, hover your mouse over the link, right click, and select “REMOVE HYPERLINK” to keep the font color black like the rest of your submission.
• Use size 12 Times New Roman font.
• Utilize in-text citations. If a reference is listed in your reference page, it must be included within the body of your submission as well.
• Prepare an APA formatted reference page.
• Proofread your submission for any grammatical or sentence structure errors. Also, please refer to the rubric for this Assignment to make sure you have included that which you will be graded over before placing the same into the Dropbox.
• Submit your Assignment in a timely manner.
• Do not hesitate to ask for assistance should you need it.