PSCI 252: Conflict and Cooperation in Asia
Choose a country from East Asia. For the purpose of this assignment, you will assume the role of an advisor to the leader of the country. Select ONE of the scenarios given below and make a policy recommendation.
1. The leader of your country is concerned about your country’s relationship with China. What are the main issues? How might your country learn from the experiences of other countries with similar relationships?
2. A neighboring country is claiming territory to which your country also lays a claim. How best can you address and defuse this situation? Where else have similar territorial disputes happened in the region? What can you learn from them?
1. Study the materials/resources available on the Council on Foreign Relations website: Regions of the World | World101 (cfr.org)
2. Expected length: 3-4 pages
3. Format: Times New Roman font, size 12, 1-inch margin
4. You must provide proper in-text citations and a bibliography
5. You must submit an electronic copy on SafeAssign (on blackboard). Please note that e-mail submissions will not be accepted.
6. Consult the grading rubric for writing assignments